Make Time for the Mess
It can seem so easy to leave the stack of papers on the desk, the laundry in a pile, or the shoes that no longer fit in the closet. Try to teach yourself to take just a few minutes each day to help avoid creating mountains of mess in your living space.
You don’t have to spend hours on the weekend cleaning up from the mess and clutter that was created during the week if you plan ahead and make time for the mess, even just 15, or even 5, minutes.
Fifteen minutes is enough time to:
1. Sort the stack of mail AND file the bills.
2. Pick up the wet towels and hang them up – or remind the kids to!
3. Put the dishes in the dishwasher after breakfast.
Five minutes is enough time to:
1. Grab all the clutter in the living room and dump items in a basket belonging to each person.
2. Put toiletries away in their drawers/cabinets (and wipe the bathroom counter!).
3. Hang up yesterday’s clothes.
Go ahead and make time for the mess and save yourself the overwhelming feeling that being disorganized can create.