Reduce Moving Madness
Moving can be an exciting opportunity, but it can also be filled with stress. Reduce the anxiety about moving by preparing.
- First of all, make sure each item is worth moving. Don’t pack items just to get them packed. Take the time to get rid of clutter, donate to charities, and throw out the trash.
- Keep a master moving list and folder with all of the information you might need, including floor plan measurements of the new home and moving company estimates.
- Start early and get down to the bare minimum with your food supply so you don’t have to worry about transporting food and keeping it cold and fresh.
- Start by packing the things you use the least, such as knickknacks.
- Make sure to label everything by content and for which new room it is destined.