Keeping Tools Accessible
Whether you are a serious carpenter or only use tools occasionally, storing your tools properly will make whatever jobs you tackle easier.
- Sort your tools by function and size.
- Gather tool accessories and keep them with their mates, such as drills and bits.
- Install heavy duty hooks and secure hanging tools with bungee cords.
- Store power tools off of the ground in sealed cabinets or containers.
- Invest in stationary plastic drawers for small parts.
- If most of your tools are stored in the basement or other decentralized locations, keep one smaller toolbox with a few staple items (i.e. hammer, screwdriver, tape measure) close by, perhaps in an entryway closet.
Make all of your projects and household chores easier when you organize your tools.